Thursday, May 8, 2008

Week 12

How very sad it is to get to week 12! It means the end of the Learning 2.0 program...

After all the very practical weeks it was a bit odd to finish up on a less practical one... there was no signing up to anything.


I wonder about the LeMonde map of the popularness (is that a word?) of the different social networks in different countries. It says that My Space is the most popular one in Australia, but I only know 1 person with a myspace page... compared with (nearly) everyone I know has a Facebook page. I think Facebook has become more popular since 2006 because it was opened up to everyone.

I think that the social networks can be an online extension of groups that already exist in the library. This is the best way to start them up, because you already have an existing audience and you can build on that presence with people find the page online. It would be great to have a book club extend online. You could set up a Facebook group and have extra things related to the books you are reading, such as youtube videos.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Congratulations on finishing the course. You may want to check back and make sure you have posted a comment on your blog about each week.

Ellen (PLS)